I don't use buttons extensions so gratuitously install so frequently. So I like to hide them most of the time, leaving more screen real estate to the address line. That's achieved with this fine button:
As a valuable bonus, even more useful than the hiding magic: press the mouse button on the jigsaw hold it a while – a menu appears giving you quick access to more extensions and the extensions management area.
* Okay, the button does not exactly qualify as ”nifty“, it's rather a simple and straight forward thingy… 😉
- Click on the link
»» Toggle Extensions Bar + Extensions Menu on long mouse press to start installation of the button.
- Confirm that you want this button for real.
- The button is now (possibly among other buttons you have created or installed) available from the ”Appearance…“ configuration, section ”My Buttons“.
- Drag the button onto the address bar, perhaps best right to existing extension's buttons or rightmost, if there are no extension buttons yet.
- Done. Probably. Perhaps you have to restart Opera (or reload extensions) to make the button work – don't know why.
- If you have extensions presenting buttons installed, you can click the new jigsaw button do collapse the extension bar, meaning to hide all the buttons on a click.
- Another click brings the buttons back.
- As a nice bonus: press the mouse button on the jigsaw hold it a while – a menu appears giving you quick access to more extensions and the extensions management area.
Preferences at your mouse pointer
And while we're there: One more button. It provides easy access to Opera's preferences. At a simple click of the mouse you get the prefs dialogue, a long click opens opera:config.